Code of Conduct
The Tile Association doesn't just accept anyone into their ranks providing they are prepared to pay. They must have been trading at least two years, and they have to provide a copy of their latest annual accounts and a copy of their customer care policy for inspection and approval. If they do not have a Customer Care Policy they will need to confirm their willingness to conform to the Tile Association Customer Care Policy:.
- An assurance of the highest possible service to the customers
- To offer products/services within relevant current British, European and International Standards
- An assurance of fully trained staff/operatives within the business
- An assurance that advertising/sales promotions/public relations should comply with current Advertising Regulations
- Products/services and prices should be displayed in an easy to understand format complying with current price legislation
- An assurance that all information given to potential or actual customers should be accurate, truthful and based on full product/service knowledge
- Once orders are received/sales are made the business should carry out the order/service to the best of their ability advising the customer of any delays or problems
- An assurance that goods/services should be delivered/undertaken at an agreed time/date
- The customer should receive adequate guidance on the use, care and maintenance of their tiling products/services
- The customer should be given written information on the business' returns policy
- In the event of a complaint the customer should be dealt with quickly and courteously by the business' staff
Every business wishing to join has its financial health and company reputation checked out. Fixers and tiling contractors need to provide customer references and some projects are inspected.