Technical, Training & Membership Recruitment Manager – Full time, competitive salary and remuneration package.
The purpose of The Tile Association is to build excellence in tiling and the tiled environment. The Association has a vision to grow membership to 1000 by 2025 and attract 200 Master Tile Fixers, 500 tile fixers and 250 retailers/distributors over the next 3-5 years.
This new role is vital to delivering the Association’s vision and strategic plan to:
- Raise tile and tiling standards and enhance installation expertise and craftsmanship
- Improve the value of membership and attract, engage and retain more members
- Promote the benefits of tiles and provide a unified voice for the industry
The main purpose of the job is to:
- Develop and deliver a broad programme of training for tilers of all levels – both online and through the classroom.
- Develop and deliver Master Tile Fixer certification and Tiling Masterclasses, based on the technical standards.
- Develop, launch and drive online training and webinar sessions, covering both technical and wider business issues.
- Attract and support new member sign-up and build member engagement.
- Create a dedicated technical helpline for members, with rapid expert response.
- Develop new support services and recruit further technical and training associates for future growth.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Confident individual from a tiling or adhesives industry technical support background.
- Experience of dealing with people face to face, by telephone and via written methods.
- 5+ years’ tiling industry experience. Ideally, tile fixing experience having achieved NVQ in Floor & Wall Tiling and attaining a Level 3 Award in Assessment or be willing to undertake.
- Ability to travel nationwide and outside of normal business hours.
- Based in the Stone office and attending external events.
Summary of Key Tasks:
- To provide instant technical support for general queries via telephone, email or web chat.
- To prepare and deliver technical based tiling courses at local and external sites.
- To deliver Training via various media – video, presentation, digital events etc.
- To undertake NVQ Assessments (when qualified).
- To undertake technical inspections and write technical reports (acting as an Expert Witness when required).
- To monitor and engage with Tiling Forums by effectively representing The Tile Association and promoting membership.
- To develop an effective training programme and forge relationships with members, colleges, fixers and external organisations with a view to building member loyalty, increasing income and recognition for the Tile Association.
- To plan, organise and attend events liaising with the administration and marketing teams.
- To suggest and deliver additional revenue generation initiatives for the Association.
- To provide training to the admin team regarding basic technical response handling
- To attend fixer evenings, training events, trade fairs etc that may be outside business hours.
Promoting a Professional Image:
- Ensuring that all courses are presented and delivered professionally and accurately in line with the relevant standards from course instruction stage through to the training methods used.
- Ensure that a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- Build strong relationships within the tiling industry, including representing the company on Working Groups, liaising with other Associations, funding and qualification bodies.
- To represent the Association at training events when required.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of modern tile fixing methods and industry standards.
- To provide general technical/practical support to the admin/marketing teams when required.
Minimum formal academic qualification:
- Preferably A levels, although minimum GCSE Maths and English
Aptitude / skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in working / presenting to groups
- Can demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Physically capable to demonstrate fixing techniques and lift and carry equipment. Frequent manual skills are involved in lifting product/tiles.
- Good attention to detail, flexible and quality focused in approach
- Driving licence.
- Allocated targets for revenue generation through delegate training fees and fund generation through CITB and government grants. Responsible for monitoring of costs within the Training Centre budget, however no direct expenditure authorisation.
- Allocated targets for new member recruitment.
- Requires high levels of sensitivity and professionalism when presenting the Association image and services. Requires interpersonal and presentation skills and a good telephone manner. Develop partnerships with associate training providers.
To apply for this position please send your CV and letter of application to Kay Porter